The school was founded in 1994 in conjunction with Donghua University; directly subordinate to China’s Ministry of Education and the “211 Project”; and Raffles Design Institute, Singapore. Raffles Design Institute, Shanghai was the first nationally approved joint venture institutes in Shanghai. All programmes are carried out in English by academic staff from around the world. The academic team of Raffles Design Institute, Shanghai, hails from places like the US, UK, Australia, France, and Germany. After completing two years of studies in Raffles Design Institute, Shanghai, you may choose to pursue your bachelor’s degree in other colleges within Raffles’ Asia Pacific network.
For Design and Business programmes (2 years):
- Grade of 60% in Year 10/11/12 or international equivalent*
- Applicants are required to attend an interview
- IELTS – minimum 5.5**
- High School English Pass grade (minimum) in an English medium school; or
- International equivalent
*Vocational courses are available for those who do not meet the requirements
** Test results achieved not more than 2 years ago
Note 1: Applicants who do not meet the English Language requirements can take an English Placement test at Raffles. Candidates will have to achieve an equivalent test score of IELTS 5.5 to achieve exemption from the English Language Programme. English language Programme are required for scores below IELTS 5.5, according to school English placement test results.
Note 2: After studying at Raffles Design Institute, Shanghai for two years, applicants may pursue degree courses at other Raffles schools within the network, like in Singapore for the final year, the BA degree will be obtained from Coventry University, UK.
- Application form
- Copy of Identification card / Passport
- 3 copies of 2-inch color photos
- Copy of academic transcript and highest education qualifications
- Copy of English proficiency result
- Photocopy of parent’s/guardian’s Identification card (students below 18 years old)