In 2002, Raffles Design Institute, Guangzhou was established with the support of RafflesEducationCorp Singapore and its outstanding education resources. The school was approved by the Guangzhou government and Guangzhou Bureau of Education. At Raffles Design Institute, Guangzhou, you can immerse comfortably in the Chinese culture while enjoying the familiarity of using English. Raffles Design Institute, Guangzhou is the first full-time higher education institute in Guangdong that conducts business and design programmes in English. Many of our graduates found successful career opportunities at internationally-renowned establishments like: Nike, Adidas, HP, Wrigley and Hutchison Whampoa Limited (HWL).
For Design and Business programmes (2 years):
- Grade of 60% in Year 10/11/12 or international equivalent*
- Applicants are required to attend an interview
- IELTS – minimum 5.5**
- High School English Pass grade (minimum) in an English medium school; or
- International equivalent
*Vocational courses are available for those who do not meet the requirements
** Test results achieved not more than 2 years ago
Note 1: Applicants who do not meet the English Language requirements can take an English Placement test at Raffles. Candidates will have to achieve an equivalent test score of IELTS 5.5 to achieve exemption from the English Language Programme. English language Programme are required for scores below IELTS 5.5, according to school English placement test results.
Note 2: After studying at Raffles Design Institute, Guangzhou for two years, applicants may pursue degree courses at other Raffles schools within the network, like in Singapore for the final year, the BA degree will be obtained from Coventry University, UK.
- Application form
- Copy of Identification card / Passport
- 3 copies of 2-inch color photos
- Copy of academic transcript and highest education qualifications
- Copy of English proficiency result
- Photocopy of parent’s/guardian’s Identification card (students below 18 years old)