In 2002, Raffles Design Institute, Guangzhou was established with the support of RafflesEducationCorp Singapore and its outstanding education resources. The school was approved by the Guangzhou government and Guangzhou Bureau of Education. At Raffles Design Institute, Guangzhou, you can immerse comfortably in the Chinese culture while enjoying the familiarity of using English. Raffles Design Institute, Guangzhou is the first full-time higher education institute in Guangdong that conducts business and design programmes in English. Many of our graduates found successful career opportunities at internationally-renowned establishments like: Nike, Adidas, HP, Wrigley and Hutchison Whampoa Limited (HWL).
|Courses||Advanced Diploma||Bachelor's Degree|
Design and Business programmes (2 years) would require a High school graduate certificate or international equivalent.*
- TOEFL – minimum 550** (paper based) or 213** (computer based); or
- IELTS – minimum 6.0**
- High School English Pass grade (minimum) in an English medium school; or
- International equivalent
*Vocational courses are available for those who do not meet the requirements
** Test results achieved not more than 2 years ago
Note 1: Applicants who do not meet the English Language requirements can take an English Placement test at Raffles. Candidates will have to score 85% and above on the oral and written tests to achieve exemption from the English Language Programme.
Note 2: After studying at Raffles Design Institute, Guangzhou for two years, applicants may pursue degree courses at other Raffles schools within the network.
- Letter of Acceptance for Admission into Raffles Design Institute, Guangzhou (to be issued by RDI Guangzhou).
- Copy of high school qualification
- Copy of passport
- Completed application form
- 12 two-inch passport photos
- 1 three-inch photograph
- Copy of highest education qualification
- Copy of personal identification card
- Copy of English proficiency results (TOEFL, IELTS, or High School English Test)
Raffles Guangzhou FAQ
We provide teaching assistant translation for the first half year of our programme to help students better understand and assimilate into the learning environment. Since all our classes are in English, we advise potential students to sign up for our Intensive English Program. You can ascertain your level for the Intensive English Program by sitting for our English Placement test before admissions.