Raffles University Iskandar
Raffles University Iskandar (RUI) is a full-fledged, practice-focused university to be strategically located soon in the growing economic zone of Iskandar in Southern Malaysia. The university aims to be a leader to turn out work-ready and globally competent graduates for today’s competitive world. RUI is a comprehensive university approved by the Malaysian government. It is designed to offer a wide range of academic programmes with intensive hands-on curriculum and employer-based internships, giving its graduates an edge over other fresh graduates in the competitive job market. Students are not only attuned to the practical needs of the industry, but also fostered in creative thinking to prepare them for future success.
|Courses||Diploma||Bachelor's Degree||Master's Degree|
|Supply Chain Management|
|Master of Business Administration|
Foundation in Liberal Arts
- Minimum 5 SPM / 5 ‘O’ Level credits, or 3 UEC Credits or international High School Equivalent
*For SPM, a pass in Bahasa Malaysia is required.
Diploma In Interior Design/Diploma in Visual Communications/Diploma in Business Studies
- Minimum SPM/ O Level with three credits; or UEC minimum grade B in three subjects
- Other recognized equivalent qualification recognized by Malaysian Government.
- For Design programme – Pass Portfolio Assessment and Interview conducted by RUI
Bachelor of Design/Commerce
- Bachelor degree programmes (3-4 years): 2 STPM passes and CGPA of 2.0; or 2 GCE A-levels passes; or 5 UEC credits or international equivalent.
- Recognised diploma/certificate/advanced diploma in relevant fields. Credit exemptions will be given up to the maximum allowed based on past results.*
For Postgraduate Degrees
Master of Design/Commerce/Education
- Master of Business Administration: A Bachelor Degree from a recognized University or College and a minimum of 2 years of Full-Time working experience in a managerial, supervisory or executive position.
- Master of Design: Bachelor of Design or Bachelor Degree in Arts or Design from a recognised institution and submission of a design portfolio.
- Relevant undergraduate degree; or
- Any non-relevant undergraduate degree with at least 3 years of relevant professional/practical experience and a design portfolio/résumé where applicable.*
*Special entry to the programme is at the discretion of the Academic Board. Applicants who do not meet the specific requirements have to undergo a foundation course at RUI.
For Undergraduate Degrees
- IELTS – Minimum score of 6.0, taken during the last two years; or
- TOEFL – Minimum score of 550 (Paper-based) or 80 (Internet-based), taken during the last two years; or
- Completion of other ESL programmes; or
- International Equivalent.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will be required to sit for RUI’s English Placement Test.
For Postgraduate Degrees
- Minimum IELTS score of 6.5, taken during the last two years; or
- Minimum TOEFL score of 573 (Paper-based) or 90 (Internet-based), taken during the last two years; or
- Letter from previous institution certifying that English is the medium of instruction for entire course
Raffles University Iskandar (RUI) FAQ
You would need to at least obtain a Raffles University Iskandar Foundation, or Malaysian STPM with a minimum CGPA 2.0 in 2 principal subjects, or GCE A Levels with minimum 2 passes in two subjects, Diploma or Advanced Diploma with a CGPA of 2.0, or any other equivalent qualification recognised by Malaysian Government.
Minimum B grade in SPM/IELTS 5.0/Raffles Iskandar ELP
Minimum IELTS 3.0/SPM English C/1119 English grade D/UEC English B6/RUI Foundation English Language Programme
Minimum High School in English/IELTS 6.0/MUET Band 4/UEC English B4/1119 English Grade C/Complete Raffles University of Iskandar Foundation or ELP Programme/MUET Band 4/UEC English B4/1119 English Grade C/Complete RUI Foundation or ELP programme
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree Completion in English and IELTS 6.0
CPD (Centre of Professional Development) is owned and managed by Raffles Education Corporation. It provides a seamless interface between students and the industries at all levels of studies. Graduates can expect top exposure for advertised positions; in addition, our industry partners have wider geographical reach and access to various specialized prospects.