Raffles School of Continuing Education, Hong Kong
Studying design or business at Raffles School of Continuing Education, Hong Kong, will give you an international education experience. There will be opportunities to meet and learn from like-minded people from all over the world – they can be veteran lecturers, classmates, or even guest speakers. Coursework involves engaging activities such as curriculum-related field trips, and professional workshops to build your skills. You can also participate in industry competitions to test your skills, build your portfolio, or simply gain experience.
|Courses||Advanced Diploma||Bachelor's Degree|
Bachelor degree courses would require the following:
MinimumYear 12, or IB MYP or IB Diploma (24 score or above), or IGCSE / GCSE with five passed subjects or GCE-A level with three passed AL subjects (two passed AS subjects equal to one passed AL subject), or Btec Diploma or Btec Higher National Diploma (HND), or achieved five Level 2 in HKDSE examination of which one must be in English. A result of “Attained” in Category B or a grade of “E” in Category C subjects is deemed to be equivalent to a Level 2 in Category A subjects; or
- Completion of foundation or diploma or advanced diploma or higher diploma or associate degree or in a relevant discipline from other educational institutions or equivalent; or
- Previous studies from recognised tertiary institutions with design portfolio (if any)
For entry into Top-up Degree Year:
- Completion of Raffles advanced diploma in a relevant discipline
For mature students admission:
- For design courses: At least 3 years of relevant work experience in a design field with design portfolio.
- For commerce courses: Previous studies from recognised tertiary institutions with at least 1 year of relevant work experience (case-by-case basis).
- Prior studies must have been carried out in English.
- IELTS – minimum score of 6.0 (Academic Module) no lower than 5.0 or equivalent, or passed Raffles English Language Program at Level 6
Raffles Hong Kong FAQ
You can apply for a job six months after your graduation. If you have graduated from RHK and you start the process of obtaining your visa within six months after graduation, you will not be required to have an offer of employment as a condition of receiving your visa under the Immigration Arrangement for Non-Local Graduates (IANG).
Applying after six months have passed since graduation: If six months have passed since you graduated from a Hong Kong university and you are applying under the IANG, you must have secured a bona fide offer of employment when you apply.
Your visa and residence permit will be good for an initial period of one year. You may apply for an extension to your visa after this time for a period of two years. The second time you extend your stay, your visa will be valid for an additional two years and the third time you extend your visa it will be valid for a period of three years.