Raffles School of Continuing Education, Hong Kong

College Overview

Studying design or business at Raffles School of Continuing Education, Hong Kong, will give you an international education experience. There will be opportunities to meet and learn from like-minded people from all over the world – they can be veteran lecturers, classmates, or even guest speakers. Coursework involves engaging activities such as curriculum-related field trips, and professional workshops to build your skills. You can also participate in industry competitions to test your skills, build your portfolio, or simply gain experience.

Courses Advanced Diploma Bachelor's Degree
Fashion Design
Fashion Marketing
Graphic Design
Multimedia Design
Interior Design

Admission Requirements

Bachelor degree courses would require the following:

MinimumYear 12, or IB MYP or IB Diploma (24 score or above), or IGCSE / GCSE with five passed subjects or GCE-A level with three passed AL  subjects (two passed AS subjects equal to one passed AL subject), or Btec Diploma or Btec Higher National Diploma (HND), or achieved five Level 2 in HKDSE examination of which one must be in English. A result of “Attained” in Category B or a grade of “E” in Category C subjects is deemed to be equivalent to a Level 2 in Category A subjects; or

  • Completion of foundation or diploma or advanced diploma or higher diploma or associate degree or in a relevant discipline from other educational institutions or equivalent; or
  • Previous studies from recognised tertiary institutions with design portfolio (if any)

For entry into Top-up Degree Year:

  • Completion of Raffles advanced diploma in a relevant discipline

For mature students admission:

  • For design courses: At least 3 years of relevant work experience in a design field with design portfolio.
  • For commerce courses: Previous studies from recognised tertiary institutions with at least 1 year of relevant work experience (case-by-case basis).

English Requirements

  • Prior studies must have been carried out in English.
  • IELTS – minimum score of 6.0 (Academic Module) no lower than 5.0 or equivalent, or passed Raffles English Language Program at Level 6

Raffles Hong Kong FAQ

How long does it take to get my student visa application approved?

It will normally take six weeks to process a visa or entry permit application upon our acceptance of all the required documents.

Permalink 1 0

Will the college assist my student visa application?

Institutions will provide assistance to admitted non-local students in applying for a student visa/entry permit. The institution will act as the sponsor for the visa/entry permit application and forward the application forms to the Hong Kong Immigration Department for processing.

Permalink 0 0

Can I apply even before I have completed High School?

You cannot apply without submission of your High School results as this is part of our admission requirements.

Permalink 0 0

Do I have to send my application personally to Raffles Hong Kong?

It won’t be necessary to submit your documents personally at Raffles Hong Kong. Alternatively, you can simply submit your documents via post to the nearest IAO office.

Permalink 0 0

Do I need to submit portfolio?

You will not be required to submit your portfolio. However, if you are seeking for credit transfer, you will need to submit a set of portfolio.

Permalink 0 0

Other than IELTS, do you accept other English qualifications?

We accept GCE O level English C6 or above, International Baccalaureate Middle Year Program Certificate with English Grade 4 or above, and TOEFL with a minimum score of 70 (internet based).

Permalink 0 0

What kind of documents should I prepare if I seek for credit transfer?

Prepare your portfolio along with your highest education certificate and transcript, module description and resume.

Permalink 0 0

Can I still apply without IELTS?

You can apply without IELTS but we will have to arrange an English Placement Test (EPT) for you in Raffles Hong Kong. If you are still unable to pass the EPT, you will need to undergo an additional English programme in a third party English Institution provider in Hong Kong.

Permalink 0 0

What is the medium of instruction at RHK? I can’t speak Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin) and I’m worried I won’t be able to understand my lecturers.

Don’t worry; English is used as the main medium of instruction. While Cantonese is the mother tongue in Hong Kong, most locals can also communicate in English. In addition, street signs, restaurant menus, and building notices are bilingual.

Permalink 0 0

Is there accommodation provided in the campus?

We do not have a hostel located at our campus; however we are able to assist you to look for a suitable accommodation.

Permalink 1 0

Cost of living

Approximately HK$ 9500 – 16400 per month
Accommodation: HK$ 3500 – 7000
Transportation: HK $ 750 – 1200
Dining: HK$3800 -5300
Phone Bill: HK150 – 400
Personal Expenses: HK$ 1300 – 2500

Permalink 0 0

Can I look for a job in Hong Kong after graduation?

You can apply for a job six months after your graduation. If you have graduated from RHK and you start the process of obtaining your visa within six months after graduation, you will not be required to have an offer of employment as a condition of receiving your visa under the Immigration Arrangement for Non-Local Graduates (IANG).

Applying after six months have passed since graduation: If six months have passed since you graduated from a Hong Kong university and you are applying under the IANG, you must have secured a bona fide offer of employment when you apply.

Your visa and residence permit will be good for an initial period of one year. You may apply for an extension to your visa after this time for a period of two years. The second time you extend your stay, your visa will be valid for an additional two years and the third time you extend your visa it will be valid for a period of three years.

Permalink 0 0

Does RHK assist student to find a job?

Our Centre of Professional Development (CPD) portal provides students with updated job vacancies and information of our industry partners.

Permalink 0 0

Is industrial attachment compulsory for all programmes?

It is a requirement for all students to be immersed in an industrial attachment.

Permalink 0 0

Does RHK assists student looking for industrial attachment?

Lecturers will provide industry partners and relevant background for students. However if they uninterested in the companies provided, students are encourage to personally look for their preferred company instead.

Permalink 0 0

Do I get paid during my attachment?

Remuneration solely depends on the company’s offer to students.

Permalink 0 0

Can I do my attachment in my home country?

We do not advise students to fly back to their home country as it would be better to get immersed in a new working environment and learn from a diverse working culture.

Permalink 0 0

When is the deadline to submit my admission documents?

It will be 2 months before every course commencement date.

Permalink 0 0