Raffles Institute of Higher Education, Batam
Situated in Harbour Bay’s promising Central Business District and a five-minute walk from Harbour Bay Ferry Terminal, Raffles Institute of Higher Education, Batam houses academic classrooms, design studios, Mac and PC labs equipped with the latest software, a resource library as well as a student lounge that provides wireless Internet access. Committed to delivering high quality and well-balanced practical education, the course curriculum is designed to equip students with a strong set of industry-relevant knowledge and technical know-how to succeed globally. Lessons are conducted in English by professional lecturers who are experts in their own field. After completing a two-year Advanced Diploma programme, students can transfer to degree-awarding colleges within the Raffles network in Asia-Pacific to further their studies.
|Courses||Advanced Diploma||Bachelor's Degree|
|Digital Media Design|
|Visual Communication Design|
|Tourism and Hospitality|
These are the following entry requirements:
- Minimum age of 16 years old
- Minimum completion of high school year 10 or its equivalent (1 Year Foundation Study is available for students who have only completed Junior High School Year 9 or its equivalent. Upon completion of the Foundation Study, students will be allowed to register and continue applying for our degree programmes.
All students are required to either one of the following English requirements:
- IELTS* – Minimum score of 5.5; OR
- TOEFL* – Minimum score of 550 (Paper-Based) or 70 (Internet Based); OR
- TOEIC*(Test of English for International Communication) – Score of 650; OR
- GCE ‘O’ Level English- Minimum grade of C6 for English; OR
- Minimum completion ofIGCSE Year 10 or its equivalents; OR
- 3 Years of High School studies conducted in English
*Test results are only valid within 2 years from the date results are issued.
If students are unable to meet the requirements, they will be advised to take an English Placement Test (ESL) at Raffles Indonesia. Based on the test results, students will either be exempted from the English courses or enrolled into the English courses at Raffles Indonesia. Advanced levels of the English courses may be conducted simultaneously with the Advanced Diploma courses.
Inter-School Credit Transfer
After completion of the 2 year studies at Raffles Indonesia, graduate will be awarded the Advanced Diploma certificate by Raffles Singapore.
Unique to Raffles Institute, Advanced Diploma students are given the opportunity to opt for inter-school transfer of credits and completion of final year of Bachelor Degree studies at any of the following Raffles campuses overseas:
- Raffles Singapore
- Raffles Hong Kong
- Raffles Guangzhou
With inter-school credit transfer, Raffles students gain international exposure by having opportunities to live and study at any of Raffles campuses, whether it is in the commercial centre of Hong Kong, or in the industrially thriving city of Guang Zhou, or in the economically booming city of Singapore.
- Copy of Applicant’s Passport
- Copy of parents’ passport (if not available, identity card is acceptable)
- 5 pcs (hardcopy) coloured passport sized photos 4×6 cm (white background)
- Copy of Birth certificate (in Original language and English Translated by sworn translator)
- Copy of Family Card (in Original language and English Translated by sworn translator)
- Copies of applicant’s latest 3 year educational transcripts and certificates (Original language and English Translated by sworn translater)
- Copy of TOEFL / IELTS or IGCSE O’ Level result (if any)
- Updated résumé if applicant has working experience of more than one (1) year
- Application fee and course fee to be made payable to “PT. Raffles Design Institute
- Applicant will enter into a Standard Student Contract upon admission
- Tuition Fee does not include Student Pass/visa processing fee
- Applicant must take sole responsibility for Student Pass/visa payment
- The College will not be held responsible over payment of applicant’s Student Pass/visa
- The College will issue a letter of sponsorship and any other supporting documents needed to process the Student Pass
- The student’s visa cannot be used for any other purpose except for studying at Raffles Batam
- Application fee and course fee paid are strictly non-refundable and non-transferable
- The applicant is responsible for his/her own living cost and the college will not be held accountable.